Thursday, December 18, 2008

We are Here and We met Owen

Ok...so this post won't have pictures because I didn't realize we were coming to the computer room to post, but I promise to post pictures very soon.

So...the trip was very long. We both slept very well last night, but if you can believe it, we both ready to get up when the alarm went off. We got to Korea last night about 9pm and through customs and to Eastern (where we are staying) about 11:00 pm. When we got to the airport and made it through customs we saw our driver holding a sign with our name on it...he handed us a note that said we had a meeting with Owen this morning at 10:00 am. I lost it! I knew the emotions would hit me at sometime and that is when they did. Not really the best timing...had to get myself together and prayed like mad that I wouldn't do that when I saw Owen this morning.

We just got finished seeing him for the first time and he is very handsome, just like his pictures. The foster mom also brought her daughter. They have made pictures for us since they have had him in their home, she is going to try to date them and put them in an album. She also has a handbok for him. The foster mom and her daughter are both very sweet and we can tell that they love Owen very much. They told us that the foster dad wants to meet us we will probably meet him on Monday. We get Owen on Tuesday morning. Should be interesting because, unlike his foster mom says, he is unsure of strangers (which would be us). He was ok with us, didn't scream, but kind of whimpered and cried when we would hold him and he couldn't see his foster mom. I gave him his bottle and he studied my face quite a bit...he was mostly interested in the block he was holding.

We are in love with him and can't wait to have him for good.

I promise to post pictures very soon.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a safe trip and that you've already gotten to meet Owen. What a special day! I'm so excited for you guys!

Karen (from Dillon forum)

Sisters said...

Incredible....so cool!
AJL

Paul and Doris said...

Glad to hear that all went well.....however, we NEED a picture...Grama and Grampa

Micah and Sunny said...

So happy you made it and so happy saw Owen face to face. I can hardly imagine what that is like! I am so glad the flight went well, I was praying for you guys.

Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Meredith said...

So excited for you guys! I can't even imagine how exciting and overwhelming this must be. Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

That is so awesome!

Melissa Southerland said...

You made me cry!!! I'm so happy you got to see him and hold him. We will continue to pray for the rest of the trip and we want pictures ASAP :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

It is awesome to hear about you two meeting your son for the first time. I can't imagine the flood of emotions that overcame you. I think I would have lost it as well. Hope your stay is pleasant and enjoy your trip.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you two. can hardly wait to see your faces when you get home. try to sleep again tonite. i will be praying for a peaceful transfer from the foster mother to you.

kathy davis

Matt and Jolee said...

I'm sure you are experiencing a flood of emotions. You are all in our prayers! Owen will warm up to you soon... just give him a little time. Congratulations!!!! We are so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

You know how thrilled we are for you. Just gives us chills knowing you have finally met your son. I know he will soon love you to death. Payton was shy when she first met you guys. You know that barely lasted a day. By the time you leave with Owen I'm sure he will feel like you've always been his mum (oops sorry MOM) and Dad! Love ya heaps, Luke Pauline and Payton x