Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No News!

You read it right...no new news! We are still waiting on Emmigration Permission from Korea and for Owen to receive his Korean Passport. Once those things are done, the rest should move very quickly. We are ready to have our boy HOME. This wait is by far much harder than the wait to receive a referral. He is very real to us and we want OUR SON with us. We are hoping to hear good news soon.

In the absence of news about Owen, I thought you might like to see some creative gifts we received. I don't consider myself very "artsy craftsy," so I am always in awe of people who are. One of those people is my Sister-in-Law, Amy. She made these two paintings (on canvas) for Owen's room.
Aren't they wonderful? I am not the best photographer, but I think you can get the point. Both painting have special meaning behind them. First the plane (the plane...ha, ha). If you look very closely, you will see that there are "hidden" messages. For example, on the wing, you can see MOM and my birth date and DAD and Nathan's birth date. There are all kinds of other "hidden" elements too - we are so thrilled. The other painting is a saying that I loved as a kid. Did you ever say the poem "I see the moon, the moon sees me?" LOVED IT as a kid. This picture is going above Owen's book case as a reminder to me to inspire him with reading. Please notice too that she made the font "Asian." Both pictures are treasures to us and we know they will be for Owen too.

I know what you are thinking..."Wow, I would like to have one of those for my kid!" Lucky for you, Amy has opened an ESTY store. Here is the link, look around and see if there is something you would like.

Here is my other creative gift. This one is from Barbie my friend at work. She made this creation for my diaper shower at work. Isn't that the cutest?
I know I should take it apart and use it, but I just haven't been able to do so. Abby, I knew you would love to see it for inspiration.

We have been working hard on Owen's room and I am hoping to finish it this weekend. If I do, I will post pictures for everyone to see. Whew! Babies need a lot of stuff!

Pray hard that we hear news very soon. It is hard to not get discouraged. Thank you to everyone that is already praying and thanks also to all of you who ask about our boy. We feel very loved and we know Owen is too. When we hear news, you will be the first to know - you will hear me shouting!

4 comments:

Sisters said...

What cute stuff.....wow!
AJL

Micah and Sunny said...

Ahh....I know it is so hard, Emily. I am continuing to pray for you as I pray for us. I keep reminding myself (seriously, probably said it to myself at least 10 times today) that God's plan CANNOT be thwarted, ever. Even by the CIS office, even by the Emmigration office, by NO ONE can His plan be thwarted.

I LOVE your paintings and I am TOTALLY addicted to etsy. I am getting some of my gifts to take to Korea off of there. Can't wait to see the room!

Dania Efird said...

I know exactly how you feel! We are so ready for Paxton to be home! I think we've forgotten how much stuff a baby needs! We keep thinking of new things that we either forgot that we liked with our other two, or that are completley new this time around!! Prayers that we hear something really soon!

Dania Efird said...

So I've been to the forum and i know you have news! Congrats!!! We are sooo excited for you guys! I'm emailing Jan right now to see if she's heard anything for us!!