Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Count Down to Korea - Day 8


No doubt the next few days will be "action packed." I thought it might be fun to have documentation of all the fun.

So if you read my previous post you know that we are leaving for Korea next week. We are leaving on Wednesday and returning the following Tuesday. Just in time to celebrate our first Christmas together as a family of three! AMAZING!!!

Yesterday started off with the amazing phone call and the entire day was filled with more screams of laughter and excitement! Mom said that my every sentence ended in "Whoo Hoo."

After hearing the news, I started making phone calls. I tried to call Nathan first...he didn't answer. Ok, fair game, I'm calling the Grandmothers. Everyone was obviously thrilled! Nathan was a little stressed/panicked with all that has to be done. It will all work out, we don't know how, but it will.

Next my mind started turning with all the things that had to be done. We need to book plane tickets, tell the health insurance provider he's on his way, buy last minute Christmas presents, prepare for a visit from Santa, decorate our tree, make a big trip to Target, Wal-Mart and the grocery store...and the list goes on! I needed a notebook, I needed a list and I need to leave work early TODAY! I left work at noon and came home to book tickets.

Mom went to the girls' school to tell them. Brittni (2nd grade) has said ever since we got the referral that all she wants for Christmas is Owen (she even has a song about it). When Mom told her he would be here, she burst into tears. Isn't that the sweetest thing? She is going to be a fantastic cousin. When Mom picked them up from school, they wanted to go to the grocery store to buy Owen some food - I guess they think he is hungry. Brittni must have been waiting for months to go down the baby aisle. They were both picking up two of every kind of baby food and putting them in Grammy's cart (one for Grammy's house and one for Owen's house). I got a call from Brooklyn asking me if I was planning on using organic baby foods - WHAT??? I think they watch too much Jon and Kate!

My plan was to wait and tell all the "girls" at Girl's Night Out, but my husband let the cat out of the bag by changing his facebook status. Did I mention he is a facebook addict? That is another post for another day. It was really ok that he revealed my secret, I was about to bust - I had to tell the good news! Girl's Night Out was still fun...more yelps of laughter! Really, we have the best friends and family two people (soon to be three) could ever ask for!

I finally fell into bed at 10:30 - EXHAUSTED! I finally fell asleep about 1:00 am. So much on my mind!

Overall feeling of the day? I feel thankful to God for this miracle.

Psalm 34:4 I prayed to the Lord and He answered me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Have a safe trip and enjoy your precious boy.